Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stop Doing That!

Hello Everyone :) It's been a while since I posted! I guess I was going through an extensive holiday slump. But here I am and it's a new year! 2011 presents a new opportunity to accomplish our dreams and to continue investing our time,energy and love in the things that matter and make us happy! Speaking of that... How are those new year resolutions going? Like most of you, I've made a  list of my own and have been tackling it full force (on most days). Nonetheless I do struggle with "finding" time to devote to the things I want to accomplish.  With that in mind, I want to share this small article I came across from the 48Days newsletter which discusses very wisely the subject of priorities and time management.

Enjoy! 

STOP DOING THAT!

If there’s one reason I hear more than any other for failed New Year’s resolutions, it’s “I just didn’t have the time.” Many times success in goals comes not by adding more to our busy lives, but by deciding what we’re going to STOP doing. When I stopped serving on boards and going to civic and committee meetings it freed up significant time that I now spend writing – which I consider my #1 priority.

What can you STOP doing to accomplish your goals?

“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment